Ysgol Llanfyllin is the Powys’s second all-through school. It was established in September 2020 after Llanfyllin C.P. School and Llanfyllin High School were merged. It provides Welsh-medium and English-medium education for pupils from 4-18 years on the primary and high school sites.
The school is based on our 5 founding principles:
- A forward thinking, innovative and inclusive centre for lifelong learning
- A new school with quality assurance and school improvement at its core
- A new school with a new curriculum
- A new school with commitment to promoting and developing Welsh medium provision
And most importantly,
- A happy School with ‘Teulu’ at its heart.
The establishment of the school comes at an exciting time for the council as it starts to deliver its Strategy for Transformation Education in Powys, an ambitious 10-year strategy to improve the education provision and entitlement for the county’s learners.